The safety of the air in your home is our business.
Know what’s in the air you breathe.
Healthy Homes by AmeriSpec, is the largest national network of trusted home service experts in Canada, providing professional, cost-effective residential Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) testing. With over 30 years of experience inspecting homes, we have extensive knowledge of how homes operate and what causes indoor air quality issues.
We offer the peace of mind that comes from working with reliable, experienced technicians and the most up-to-date technology and processes.
As an industry leader, we are committed to providing our customers with the very best service and most professional residential indoor air quality and environmental assessment and testing.
The first step towards having a healthy home is to have your Indoor Air Quality professionally tested.
The importance of having your home air quality tested
The EPA and Health Canada has found indoor air quality can be 6 to 10 times more polluted than the outdoor air in some industrialized cities.
Poor indoor air quality can have profound negative effects on your health and that of your family and pets.
Residential indoor air quality pollutants can be caused by a variety of factors including inadequate ventilation; airborne dust and particulates; “invisible” combustible gases such as carbon monoxide; chemical off-gassing from building materials and furnishings; poorly-managed humidity levels; water intrusion leading to mold growth; and poor building design and maintenance.
The potential impact of poor indoor air quality on health can be considerable for the following reasons:
- On average, we spend approximately 90 percent of our time indoors, where the concentrations of some pollutants are often 2 to 5 times higher than typical outdoor concentrations.
- People who are most susceptible to the adverse effects of pollution such as the very young, seniors and people with cardiovascular or respiratory disease, tend to spend even more time indoors.
- Indoor concentrations of some pollutants have increased in recent decades due to such factors as energy-efficient building construction, as sometimes these buildings lack sufficient mechanical ventilation to ensure adequate air exchange.
- Increased use of synthetic building materials, furnishings, personal care products, pesticides and household cleaners.
Typical causes of poor indoor air quality:
- Biological agents such as molds
- Pesticides, lead and asbestos
- Combustion byproducts such as carbon monoxide, particulate matter and tobacco smoke.
- Substances of natural origin such as radon
- Airborne particles such as dust and pet dander
- Ozone (from some air cleaners)
- Off-gassing of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) from a variety of household products, building materials and interior furnishings
- Excess humidity
Why Healthy Homes by AmeriSpec is your best choice for professional residential indoor air quality testing and environmental assessment
- Healthy Homes by AmeriSpec has over 30 years of trusted experience providing professional and cost-effective home service inspections.
- Healthy Homes by AmeriSpec provides air quality testing and environmental assessment only, so we do not try to sell you other services or products.
- We use only professional and experienced IAQ technicians and the most up-to-date evaluation technology to provide efficient and accurate indoor residential air quality and environmental assessment and testing services.
- Our qualified technicians assess the conditions in each individual circumstance, to identify specific problem areas and provide you with detailed, easy-to-understand evaluation of the composition, sources and levels of indoor pollutants and causes of poor indoor air quality in your home.
As an integral part of our evaluation process, we also conduct Air Tightness tests throughout the home to pinpoint areas of excess humidity.