Are there health affects if your home has excess humidity?
The most immediate effect of high humidity is personal discomfort. A humid environment is a breeding ground for all sorts of microscopic organisms that can harm your health. Mildew and mold spores thrive in it, and they can be highly toxic once they get into your body. If mold is clearly visible inside your home, you have a problem that needs immediate attention. Even if there are no signs, mold and mildew can still spread throughout the vents, or behind walls. Dust mites also love humidity, and they’re one of the biggest enemies for people who suffer from asthma and allergies. Bed bugs also thrive in humid environments.