What are the health risks if there is carbon monoxide in your home?
Carbon monoxide can cause serious health problems even at low levels of exposure. Carbon monoxide will rapidly accumulate in the blood and deplete the ability of the blood to carry oxygen. With mild exposure, you might experience flu-like symptoms such as a headache, runny nose and sore eyes. As exposure increases you will feel drowsy, dizzy, disoriented and could start vomiting. At this stage, it may be difficult to make the decision to leave your home. Extreme exposure will lead to unconsciousness, brain damage and then death.